Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 block extra firm (compressed) tofu
- soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 - 3 stalks of celery
- 1 small red onion
- 1 roasted* red pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each of basil, sage, rosemary, thyme and oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mayo
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet. Slice the tofu 1/4” thick. Place in a shallow dish and cover with a mixture of 1 part soy sauce to 4 parts water. Allow to marinate 10–30 minutes. Place on the baking sheet and bake 20–30 minutes until it is a deep, golden brown and crispy. Remove and allow to cool, then shred (either with a sharp knife or your own hands) into irregular pieces.
- Finely dice all veggies.
- Combine all ingredients and chill completely (overnight is best). Serve on its own, or in big crusty rolls with all the sandwich fixin’s.
- To roast red peppers, place them on a baking sheet in a preheated 400 F oven, turning frequently until the skin blisters on all sides. Remove from the oven and place in a paper bag. Close tightly and allow to sit for 20 or more minutes until the skins “sweat off”. Peel loose skins off, remove seeds and ribs and discard. Use as desired.