- ½ a pineapple
- ½ a honeydew melon or cantaloupe
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1 cup seedless grapes, red or green
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 1 apple
- 2 oranges or tangerines
- juice of one fresh lemon
Tofu Fruit Dressing Edit
- 225 grams (about 8 oz) soft unflavoured tofu
- 4 – 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 – 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 – 3 tsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch (for thickening...but it's optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Prepare all the fruit by peeling, coring (if necessary) and cutting it into chunks or slices as desired.
- Toss together in a large bowl with the lemon juice (to keep it from discolouring); or you can arrange the different fruits on a large platter and use the tofu dressing as a dip.
- Rinse the tofu well and dry thoroughly between several layers of paper towels or clean cloth towels.
- Break the tofu into small pieces and put in your blender or food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the arrowroot powder or cornstarch) and blend.
- Taste and adjust the sweetener if desired, then blend again.
- Add the arrowroot or cornstarch to thicken, if desired, and blend yet again.
- Chill thoroughly, then toss into the fruit salad, or use as a fruit dip.
- This recipe also works well as a "whipped cream" on whatever your heart desires.