- 2½ large ripe fresh California avocados - peeled and pitted
- 3 cups chicken stock (canned low sodium)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ⅔ cups yogurt - plain, low fat
- ⅓ cups sour cream
- 1 tomato – large, peeled and seeded
- ¼ cup cilantro – fresh, chopped
- salt to taste
- hot sauce for garnish
- Put 2 of the avocados, stock, lime juice, yogurt and sour cream in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the tomato and cilantro and pulse just until the tomato is coarsely chopped.
- Coarsely chop the remaining half of avocado and stir into the soup.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve with a dash of hot sauce.