Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living Holiday Meals 1982
- Yield: 6 servings.
- 6 large baking apples
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca
- Core apples to within ½ inch from bottom, peel top third of each.
- Place apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Set aside.
- Combine next 4 ingredients, mixing well.
- Stuff each apple with about 2 tablespoons of sugar mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over apples.
- Bake 350°F for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Baste occasionally with orange juice syrup in bottom of dish.