Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living Holiday Meals 1982
- Yield: 6 servings.
- 6 large baking apples
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca
- Core apples to within ½ inch from bottom, peel top third of each.
- Place apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Set aside.
- Combine next 4 ingredients, mixing well.
- Stuff each apple with about 2 tablespoons of sugar mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over apples.
- Bake 350°F for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Baste occasionally with orange juice syrup in bottom of dish.