This imitation turtle soup does not contain any meat. However, it is an imitation of Schildpadsoep (Turtle Soup) which does contain meat, but not turtle meat. It is therefore an imitation of an imitation.
- 1¼ liter water that was used to cook black beans
- 45 g butter
- chopped onion
- bay leaf
- 4 peppercorns
- 45 g flour
- soy sauce
- Add all the herbs to the bean water and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In the butter, add the chopped onion, carrot, parsley and celery and leave to simmer in the butter for about 10 minutes.
- Add this to the bean water.
- Bring to the boil and add the flour to thicken the soup.
- Leave to boil for another 10 minutes.
- Put to the sieve and add soy to taste.