Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetarian stuffed eggplant
- Serves 4
- 4 small eggplants, washed and dried
- ⅛ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic or 1 tsp garlic granules
- 2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- 2 cups water, more or less as needed
- Cut a 1-inch-deep slice from stem end down the length of each eggplant.
- With small spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving about ¼-inch wall around sides.
- Set scooped-out pulp aside.
- Sprinkle inside of shell with salt, and turn upside down on work surface for about 1 hour to drain.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add eggplant pulp, onions, garlic, and peppers, mix well, and fry until onions are soft.
- Reduce heat to simmer, stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, and parsley.
- Add salt to taste, mix well, simmer for 5 minutes longer, and remove from heat.
- Rinse eggplants to remove salt, pat dry, and place side-by-side in baking pan.
- Fill each with eggplant mixture.
- Pour about 1 inch of water in baking pan with eggplants and bake in oven for 45 minutes or until eggplants are tender when poked with fork.
- Serve hot or cold as a main dish. Each person is served a whole eggplant.