Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 celery stick
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- olive oil
- Peel chop and stew tomatoes for 40 minutes on low heat after bringing to boil to make a sauce.
- Pour boiling hot water over eggplant then chop eggplant into cubes.
- Salt eggplant and put into well oiled frying pan.
- Stew on low for 30 minutes and mix frequently.
- Add oil if pan gets too dry.
- When eggplant gets soft and decreases in size add finely chopped carrot, finely chopped celery, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, black pepper and bay leaves.
- Mix and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add dill, cilantro and parsley.
- Cook for another 15 minutes stirring frequently.