This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 celery stick
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- olive oil
- Peel chop and stew tomatoes for 40 minutes on low heat after bringing to boil to make a sauce.
- Pour boiling hot water over eggplant then chop eggplant into cubes.
- Salt eggplant and put into well oiled frying pan.
- Stew on low for 30 minutes and mix frequently.
- Add oil if pan gets too dry.
- When eggplant gets soft and decreases in size add finely chopped carrot, finely chopped celery, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, black pepper and bay leaves.
- Mix and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add dill, cilantro and parsley.
- Cook for another 15 minutes stirring frequently.