Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serve with Salad, pitta bread and hummous. This is a wonderful Middle Eastern dish.
- 1 medium water yam.
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh pepper(ground)
- ½ teaspoon locust beans
- 1 tablespoon meat or chicken stock.
- 100 ml palm oil
- 450 gm (16 ounces) smoked dry fish
- 2 magi cubes
- salt (and condiments if desired)
- Ground the Onion.
- Peel water yam.
- Wash the yam, and grate it.
- Put the grated yam in a deep cooking pot.
- Add all the ingredients except fish.
- Add 250ml of water and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the bones in the fish, break it, and wash.
- Add the fish to the mixture.
- Mix the grated yam together, and add salt.
- Take a small scoop and drop it into the soup until it is used up.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 30–40 minutes until yam is cooked.
- Serve hot.