Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yield: 8 serving
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 1½ pint baskets fresh California strawberries
- 1½ cups cantaloupe cubes
- 2 tablespoons crème de cassis (black currant liqueur), optional
- Strawberry cream sauce (recipe follows)
- 1½ cups cantaloupe and/or honeydew melon balls
- mint sprigs
Strawberry cream sauce Edit
- In small saucepan, stir sugar and water over medium heat to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stem 1 basket of the strawberries and puree in container of electric blender with the cantaloupe cubes, lemon juice and crème de cassis.
- Stir in cooled sugar mixture.
- Pour into shallow bowl and freeze until mixture is firm about 1 inch around edge.
- Break up with spoon and beat until almost smooth.
- Cover and freeze several hours until firm.
- To serve, set aside strawberry cantaloupe ice at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons strawberry cream sauce each into 8 shallow serving dishes.
- Top with balls, small scoops of strawberry cantaloupe ice and the remaining strawberries, dividing equally.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.