Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Meatballs with bulgur and a filling of minced meat with pine nuts.
- 500 g bulgur
- 250 g veal minced meat
- 250 g lamb minced meat
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- oil (for frying)
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 100 g walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- rusk crumbs
- In a saucepan put the onions with the butter and a little bit of salt and sauté them.
- Add the lamb minced meat and the pine nuts and sauté until the minced meat has absorbed all the fluids and is granular.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the parsley, the walnut crumbs and the salt.
- Spread the bulgur in a pan, add the red pepper, cumin, salt and a cup of water and knead well all the ingredients.
- Add the veal minced meat and knead again.
- Shape this mixture into small, long and narrow meatballs.
- With your finger press the edge of each meatball so as to open up a hole and stuff it with the mixture of lamb minced meat and then close it well.
- As soon as you have filled all the meatballs, put over the heat a saucepan with 4-5 cups of water and some salt and as soon as the water comes to a boil, add the meatballs and let them boil for 20 minutes.
- Take them out with a straining spoon and let them cool off.
- Then dip them one by one into a mixture of egg and rusk crumbs and fry them in hot oil.
- These meatballs are very spicy and are served as an hors d’oeuvre.