Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Icelandic roasted lamb with sauce.
- ½ oz dried portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl butter
- 16 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp crumbled dried rosemary
- ½ tsp crumbled dried leaf sage
- ½ oz blue cheese
- 2 tsp red currant jelly
- ½ cup light cream
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tsp bitters
- Trim excess fat from lamb.
- Rinse, dry roll and tie kitchen string.
- Rub rosemary and pepper all over the meat.
- Wrap and refrigerate until 30 minutes before cooking time.
- Roast lamb at 350 °F for about 90 minutes (temperature should register 130 °F on a meat thermometer inserted in center of the roast).
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- To prepare sauce (which may be made a day in advance and gently reheated) let dried mushrooms soak in boiling water for five minutes.
- Drain through a paper coffee filter cone, reserving liquid.
- Sauté button mushrooms in oil and butter over medium high heat for three minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add herbs, cheese, jelly, cream, seasonings, drained dried mushrooms and ½ cup of the reserved mushroom liquid.
- Just before serving, add bitters and heat through gently.