Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chocolate frosting Edit
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking liners or coat with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Sift in cocoa and whisk to blend.
- In 2-cup measure, combine buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs and both sugars.
- Beat with electric mixer at high speed until pale and thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- With rubber spatula, alternately fold in flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, making 3 additions flour mixture and 2 additions buttermilk mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups (cups will be quite full).
- Bake cupcakes until tops spring back when touched lightly, 20 minutes.
- Loosen edges and turn cupcakes onto rack. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: in medium bowl, combine cocoa, chocolate chips and corn syrup.
- Add ¼ cup boiling water and stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Using an electric mixer, gradually beat confectioners’ sugar into cocoa mixture.
- Beat slowly at first then gradually increase speed until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Spread frosting over tops of cupcakes.
- Let stand until frosting has set, about 30 minutes before storing.