Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Sylvia at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about 40
Dry ingredients Edit
- 2 cups white self-rising cornmeal mix
- ½ cup self-rising all purpose flour
- 2 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
Wet ingredients Edit
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Then mix the wet ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together (adding extra milk if needed).
- Drop about 1 heaping tbsp in to 350°F frying shortening and fry till golden brown.
- As soon as I dip them out I salt them and cover with a dry cloth towel.
- You can make them ahead of time.
- Drop them on a cookie sheet with wax paper and freeze then put in to a zip lock bag.
- It will take a little longer to cook.