Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 8 servings.
- 2 large eggplants
- ½ lemon
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Smoke whole eggplants in covered barbecue, or bake at 350°F for 20 – 30 minutes, until tender.
- Add lemon half to water in shallow dish.
- Place eggplants in water, turn to coat thoroughly, and let stand until cool.
- Peel eggplants and remove seeds.
- Cut flesh into ¼" cubes.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add flour and cook and stir until light brown.
- Stir in milk.
- Add cheeses, eggplant, dash nutmeg and season to taste with salt.
- Cook over very low heat 5 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- About 99 calories | 144mg sodium | 24mg cholesterol | 8g fat | 4g carbohydrates | 3g protein | 0.26g fiber