Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coconut curry from the Maldives
- 500 g coconut (grated)
- 75 g fennel seed
- 50 g cumin
- 150 g dried chilli peppers
- 25 g peppercorns
- 50 g cinnamon
- 50 g cardamom
- 15 g cloves
- 20 g turmeric powder
- 100 g onion (sliced)
- 20 g garlic (sliced)
- 30 g ginger (sliced)
- 6 cherry peppers
- 2 bunches curry leaf
- 2 rampe leaf
- Mix all the ingredients.
- In a large wok toast the coconut curry mix over a low heat until the coconut has turned golden brown.
- When toasting the ingredients it is necessary to stir the contents at regular intervals to ensure even browning of the coconut.
- Toasting of the curry mix is best done in small quantities at a time as if done in large quantities it may result in the curry mix being unevenly toasted.
- Once toasted, let cool.
- Dry grind the mixture to a semi-coarse stage.
- Keep in an airtight container until required.
- To make coconut curry paste blend the required amount of ground coconut curry mix to a smooth paste.
- Use as required.
- This curry paste can also be used raw without toasting.