Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990. Notation on card indicates this is Norman's favorite breakfast treat. Dated 1944.
- 1 pound baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces finely diced Ham, cooked and crumbled
- 2-ounce jar sliced pimentos
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salsa or yogurt (optional)
- Heat oven to 375.
- butter square baking dish or other small casserole.
- Peel potatoes and slice very thin.
- Arrange half of potatoes in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with half of Ham.
- Arrange remaining potatoes on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining Ham and pimentos.
- Beat eggs, milk and chives until blended.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes more.