- 3 or 4 large juicy fresh tomatoes
- 1 cucumber peeled, scored with a fork and thick sliced
- 2 banana peppers sliced or 1 green pepper seeded and chopped
- ⅛ cup of chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 small peeled onion sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp of oil
- salt and pepper
- Slice the tomatoes and place in salad bowl.
- Peel cucumber, score lengthwise and slice.
- Slice the banana peppers or chopped seeded green pepper.
- Add the chopped parsley or dill, sliced onion, minced clove and toss together.
- Add to bowl vinegar, sugar and oil.
- Toss again, taste and adjust seasoning by adding salt and pepper if needed.
- Let sit for ½ hour to mingle flavors.