Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Put a heavy pot on the burner with the heat on high.
- As soon as the pot is hot, put the meat in and sear (let it brown quickly) it on all sides.
- If the pot is really hot the meat will not stick, if it does, don't worry.
- Do not salt, but you can pepper it, preferably with fresh ground pepper.
- Take pot off the stove, put on the lid and stick it in the oven (325°F) for about 2 hours.
- You can check on it and turn it over ½ way.
- Do not water or anything else.
- By the time your two hours are up, you should have a richly browned and tender piece of meat (if it is not tender leave it in the covered pot in the oven with the heat turned off, for another ½ hour).
- Remove the meat to a slicing board and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- While the meat is resting put the pot on the burner at medium heat, mix 1½ cups of water with 1 heaping tablespoon of flour and stir it into the juices in the pot.
- Do not forget to scrape down the black sides of the pot with the gravy (this is the source of all that good caramel color and flavor).
- Salt if needed, slice the meat and put back into the pot so that meat is covered with gravy before being served.