- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup tahini sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- olive oil
- parsley leaves
- chili powder
- slices of lemon
- Soak the dried chickpeas overnight.
- Drain, add fresh water, and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.
- Set aside a spoonful of whole chickpeas for decoration and mash or pound the rest.
- Add tahini sauce and lemon juice to chickpeas and blend to a smooth paste.
- Sprinkle top with olive oil and garnish with whole chickpeas, finely chopped parsley, chili powder and slices of lemon (optional).