Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There's a large Middle Eastern population in Bayridge Brooklyn and amazing restaurants line the avenues...hummus is served with every dish on the menu...it's one of my favorite things in the whole wide world...if you haven't tried it, please do. I think you'll love it!
- 1 (15 ounces) can chickpeas
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Drain chickpeas; reserve water.
- In a food processor or blender add chickpeas and all the ingredients.
- Process until smooth.
- If mixture is too thick, add some of the reserved liquid from the chickpeas to dilute to a desired consistency.
- Serve at room temperature with pita bread, grilled pork, lamb or chicken.