Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lobster and Vegetable Salad - Serves 20
- 6 carrots — cooked and diced
- 1 cauliflower — cooked and cut up
- 2 cups lima beans — cooked
- 1 pound peas — cooked
- 1 pound string beans
- 1 cup celery — diced
- 1 cup radishes — diced
- 1 cup cucumbers — peeled seeded diced
- 6 medium tomatoes — peeled and seeded
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gelatin powder, unsweetened
- 8 tablespoons hot water
- ½ cup cream
- 4 lobsters — 1½ pound ea boiled
- 1 pound salmon — cooked
- ½ pound soft butter
- 3½ tablespoons cream — whipped
- white pepper
- 1 pound boiled shrimp — chilled
- green olives — stuffed
- Prepare vegetables as directed.
- Mix together in a very large bowl and let chill until very cold.
- Mince the hard-boiled eggs fine in a second bowl.
- Add the mustard, vinegar and oil mixture, beating well.
- Add the cream and blend well.
- Fold in the vegetables in the larger bowl.
- Chill until set.
- Unmold on a large serving platter.
- Top and garnish as follows: remove lobster meat from body, tail and claws of lobsters.
- Set aside legs for use at another time.
- Save the head and tail shells.
- Skin, bone and put the cooked salmon through a meat grinder.
- Add butter and whipped cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- cream these ingredients together thoroughly.
- Fill the empty lobster-tail shells with the salmon mixture and set aside for the moment.
- This recipe must not only taste superb but look like a work of art.
- Your aim is to make it appear that the lobsters are swimming over the molded vegetables.
- To achieve this, turn the filled lobster tails, filled side down, over the mold.
- Where the tails would normally join the bodies of the lobsters, pile lobster meat to simulate as best you can the shape of the midsection of a lobster.
- Add the empty head shells, empty side down, joining the lobster-meat bodies.
- Peel the shrimp, place around the platter with sprigs of parsley, radishes and stuffed olives.
- Serves a battalion.