Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups fresh ground corn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, if desired
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 spoonful salt
- 2 spoonfuls Sugar
- 5 fresh Cheese (fresh mozzarella will work too)
- 1 teaspoon anise in grain
- Enough husk to make 8 large humintas or 16 small ones
- Heat a large casserole over high heat. Add ground cayenne pepper with the water cup. Let it cook until the water has evaporated. Add the butter and let it cook for five minutes. As soon as the mixture boils, remove from heat and add it to the four cups of ground corn. Mix quickly and add Sugar, salt, always stirring.
- Add anise and cinnamon (if wanted).
- Take two husks, join them by the wide parts. In the middle place one or two spoonfuls of the corn mixture with a slice of Cheese. Close them by doubling first the husk on top and later the one at the bottom and finally the sides. Tie them using a string made of husks. Do the same with all.
- In a large casserole put two rows of corn cobs covered with some husks. Add boiling water until covering the first row of cobs. Place the humintas on top and cover them again with husks. Let them cook over medium heat for forty-five minutes.