Purchased from Tibbenham Estate in Anna, Texas in 1997. This one is marked as a family favorite. The notation on the ledger indicates this came from an old Metropolitan Cookbook in the 1940s.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh huckleberries
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cream butter and cream cheese together and gradually add 1 cup Sugar.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and stir into butter cream cheese mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and fold in huckleberries.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch round greased and floured cake pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of Sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour and let cool before serving.