Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Slovakia, a mountainous country, picking mushrooms is an extremely popular activity. From May, up until the end of October, the mushroom lovers can enjoy their season. Mushrooms can be used for adding to soups, sauces and dishes, always creating different flavours. Here we present the sweet and sour taste of 'Hubova Polievka'.
- ¼ kg of fresh mushrooms
- 0,5 kg of potatoes
- 6 whole black pepper
- 6 juniper berries
- 0,5 l of milk
- 3 spoons of flour
- 1 spoon of oil
- salt, sugar and vinegar
- Begin by washing the mushrooms and chopping them into very fine pieces.
- Then add them to the 3 liters of cold water, together with the black pepper and the juniper berries.
- After that cook until the mushrooms are tender, approximately half an hour.
- Just before they are cooked, add oil together with peeled and cubed potatoes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, thicken the soup with 'zatrepka' (mix the milk and flour together creating a smooth mixture).
- Bring to the boil and add salt, sugar and vinegar according to taste, achieving the sweet and sour flavor.