Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Peruvian slow-cooked beef with herbs
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 fresh mirasol or other hot chilis, seeded and minced plus one whole chile
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 lb boneless chuck or round steak, cut in large chunks
- 4 medium yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh oregano
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 6 sweet potatoes
- Place vinegar, cumin, minced chiles, and oil in a blender.
- Add ½ cup water and puree.
- Season with salt.
- Place meat in large bowl.
- Add vinegar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place onions in a single layer in a large Dutch oven.
- Scatter mint, thyme, rosemary, oregano, parsley, and cilantro on top, then add meat with marinade and whole chile.
- Cover and cook in oven, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender and marinade and meat juices have combined to form an herb-perfumed broth, 2–3 hours.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and place in a second large Dutch oven.
- Season with salt, cover, and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove huatia and potatoes from oven.
- Season to taste with salt.