Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Howell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 cans baked beans
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup bourbon
- ⅓ cup strong coffee
- 15 ounce can crushed pineapple well drained
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 8 slices bacon
- Mix together beans, molasses, mustard, chili sauce, bourbon and coffee then let stand for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F and bake beans for 30 minutes.
- Add pineapple and brown sugar and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry bacon until crisp then drain well and crumble.
- Serve beans garnished with the bacon.