This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Howell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 cans baked beans
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup bourbon
- ⅓ cup strong coffee
- 15 ounce can crushed pineapple well drained
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 8 slices bacon
- Mix together beans, molasses, mustard, chili sauce, bourbon and coffee then let stand for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F and bake beans for 30 minutes.
- Add pineapple and brown sugar and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry bacon until crisp then drain well and crumble.
- Serve beans garnished with the bacon.