Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: 2 hours plus time to cool the cake
Serves: 12 to 16
- Nothing says spring better than a freshly baked Daffodil cake. This is an old time recipe which features a yellow and white cake. Pretty enough for any spring dessert.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 12 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring (extract)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
3. 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
4. 2. Whisk together flour and sugar.
5. 3. Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until foamy.
6. 4. Add 3/4 cup sugar, a bit at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form.
7. 5. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored in another mixing bowl.
8. 6. Gently fold into egg white mixture.
9. 7. Sprinkle flour mixture, about a 1/4 cup at a time, over egg white mixture.
10. 8. Fold in gently.
11. 9. Repeat until all the flour mixture is folded into the egg whites.
12. 10. Pour half of the egg white mixture into another mixing bowl.
13. 11. Gently fold in egg yolks into the egg white mixture.
14. 12. Spoon yellow and white batters alternately into a 10 x 4-inch tube pan.
15. 13. Gently cut through the batter to make a swirled effect.
16. 14. Bake 40 minutes or until cake tests done.
17. 15. Invert the pan and cool.
18. 16. Glaze with Creamy Glaze.
22. 1. Mix together the powdered sugar, butter, almond flavoring and hot water until smooth.
23. 2. Drizzle glaze over cool cake.
24. 3. Serve.
27.Things You'll Need 29. * Mixer
30. * Mixing bowls
31. * Measuring cups
32. * Measuring spoons
33. * Tube Pan
34. * Oven Mitts
37.An old recipe adapted from Betty Crocker