- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 stalks lemon grass, sliced diagonally into 2-inch sized pieces
- 1 x 2-inch chunk of ginger
- 3 – 4 large cloves of garlic
- 2 – 3 large red chillies, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- salt, to taste
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- fresh chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken breast in turmeric, chili powder, lemon juice, salt and black pepper for about half an hour. Fry the marinated chicken in a little bit of oil in a thick bottomed pan, till brown on both sides. Cut chicken into thin pieces and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil and fry sliced onions till transparent. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes pulp and form a thick consistency.
- Add chicken broth, ginger, garlic, lemon grass, red chillies, salt and pepper and let it come to a boil.
- Add chicken pieces and let soup simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro leaves and enjoy over soft-cooked noodles!
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com