Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 pound of medium-size shrimp
- 1 dozen mushrooms
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 lime leaves
- 6 green peppercorns
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (or 4 tablespoons of soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 6 hot peppers, pounded lightly (less, depending on taste)
- ½ cup of roughly chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Remove the shrimp shell but leave the tails (for appearance).
- Then cut open the back of each shrimp to remove the veins.
- Clean the mushrooms with water and dry them well before cutting each into quarters.
- Trim root and tough layers from lemon grass.
- Thinly slice first six inches.
- Bring 2 cups of stock to boil.
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil, then add the stock, lemon grass, lime leaves, and shrimps.
- When the shrimps turn pink, add mushrooms, ginger, peppercorns and salt.
- Remove the pot from heat after boiling.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, and hot peppers to taste.
- Serve the soup while still hot in individual soup cups and top each cup with a sprinkle of coriander.