Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 pound of medium-size shrimp
- 1 dozen mushrooms
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 lime leaves
- 6 green peppercorns
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (or 4 tablespoons of soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 6 hot peppers, pounded lightly (less, depending on taste)
- ½ cup of roughly chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Remove the shrimp shell but leave the tails (for appearance).
- Then cut open the back of each shrimp to remove the veins.
- Clean the mushrooms with water and dry them well before cutting each into quarters.
- Trim root and tough layers from lemon grass.
- Thinly slice first six inches.
- Bring 2 cups of stock to boil.
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil, then add the stock, lemon grass, lime leaves, and shrimps.
- When the shrimps turn pink, add mushrooms, ginger, peppercorns and salt.
- Remove the pot from heat after boiling.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, and hot peppers to taste.
- Serve the soup while still hot in individual soup cups and top each cup with a sprinkle of coriander.