Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Healthy Soul Food Recipes, 2007 by the American Heart Association
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce , or to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 4 oz each), all visible fat discarded
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs (about 2 cups flakes)
- ¼ cup fat-free or light sour cream
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried dill weed, crumbled
- In a large shallow bowl, stir together the hot-pepper sauce, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning occasionally if longer than 30 minutes.
- Discard the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Put the cornflake crumbs on a plate.
- Turn the chicken to coat both sides.
- Transfer to the baking pan.
- Lightly spray the top of the chicken with vegetable oil spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the coating is crisp.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken or use as a dipping sauce.
- ↑ Tip: Hot pepper sauce made from cayenne peppers (a bit milder) or Tabasco peppers works well. Let your heat tolerance be your guide.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 3 oz chicken and 2 Tbsp sauce:
- 220 Calories | 4g Total Fat | 1g Saturated | 0.5g Polyunsaturated | 2g Monounsaturated | 69mg Cholesterol | 250mg Sodium | 16g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 3g Sugars | 29g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch | 3 very lean meats