Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1½ cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- In a large saucepan cook ribs covered in enough boiling salted water to cover for 1 hour then drain well.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot cooking oil until onion is tender or limp but not brown then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring mixture to boiling then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Grill ribs over slow coals for 45 minutes turning every 15 minutes.
- Brush frequently with sauce.