Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
- Contributed by Sylvia at World Recipes Y-Group
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large head green cabbage, shredded
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- kosher salt
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (recommended: Ro-Tel)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In reserved bacon fat, cook onions and bell peppers until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Add shredded cabbage and cook until limp, but not soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder and salt, to taste.
- Add tomatoes and simmer just until warmed through.
- Slaw should be slightly crisp.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Serve quickly with crumbled bacon.