- Slice the plantains into rounds ½-inch thick, and sprinkle lemon juice over the pieces, stirring to moisten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ginger and pepper.
- Heat about ¼ inch of oil in a heavy skillet until a test piece of plantain sputters.
- Roll plantain pieces a few at a time in the spice mixture to coat surfaces, then transfer to the skillet.
- Fry until outsides are crisp and golden.
- With a slotted spoon, remove plaintains to an absorbent cloth [or paper toweling] for cooling [slightly].
- Serve hot.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.