Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 32 oz jar of hot pepper rings, drained (reserve the juice)
- 14 1/2 oz can black olives, drained
- 8 oz can Mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed, then minced fine
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- salt, to taste
- Drain hot peppers reserving the liquid.
- Place peppers, sliced, Mushrooms, garlic, basil, red wine vinegar and canola oil in large bowl.
- Add just enough reserved pepper juice to the mixture to have liquid just cover ingredients.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Serving suggestion: Fill a hollowed out loaf of round bread (Tuscany, pumpernickel, Rye) with the slightly drained peppers. Arrange hollowed out loaf on a serving platter with the torn bread pieces and cubes of Cheese arranged in a circle around the outside of the loaf. Makes an attractive centerpiece that doesn't last long. When the peppers are gone, tear up the remaining loaf and eat the pieces. It will be nicely flavored with the pepper juice.
Recipe from sneakykitchen.com