Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990. Dated 1957. I have made this cake literally dozens of times and it is magnificent.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and quartered
- Cream butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs and beat until light.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Combine mixtures and add vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan.
- Stick the peaches half-way into the dough in rows.
- Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon.
- Make crumbles of the butter creamed with the Sugar and cut in the flour with a pastry fork.
- Cover the top with this mixture and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.