Purchased from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990. Dated 1957. I have made this cake literally dozens of times and it is magnificent.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and quartered
- Cream butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs and beat until light.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Combine mixtures and add vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan.
- Stick the peaches half-way into the dough in rows.
- Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon.
- Make crumbles of the butter creamed with the Sugar and cut in the flour with a pastry fork.
- Cover the top with this mixture and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.