Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves: 4
- 1 small head cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated gingerroot or 1 ts ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 green onions (with tops),thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Prepare shredded cabbage as directed.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, gingerroot and garlic; reserve.
- Heat wok or 12-inch skillet until hot.
- Add oil and tilt wok to coat side.
- Add cabbage, onions, carrot and bell pepper.
- Stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar mixture.
- Cook and stir about 10 seconds or until thickened.