Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes about 3 cups
- ¾ cup (96 g.) powdered Chinese mustard or (2 cups Dijon mustard)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml.) water, lukewarm or regular only
- ½ cup (120 ml.) + 1 tablespoon (15 ml.) white wine vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml.) + 1 tablespoon (15 ml.) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing well to form a smooth sauce.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour before serving at room temperature.
- Transfer to a serving dish and offer a small spoon for serving the sauce.
- Serve alongside the steamed dumplings. Reserve the used, homemade mustard in the refrigerator but cover this with the aluminium foil.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 tablespoon serving:
- 8 calories (< less than 1% calories from fat) | 1 g protein | trace total fat (0 saturated fat) | 1 g carbohydrates | 0 dietary fiber | 0 cholesterol | 114 mg sodium