- Yield: 3 dozen turnovers
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp dried whole thyme
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter in a medium bowl, stirring well. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, stirring until smooth. Shape dough into a ball, and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for an hour.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in 1 1/2 tbsp butter in a heavy skillet over low heat until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- Roll pastry to 1/8" thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 3" cookie cutter. Place 1/2 tsp mushroom mixture in the center of each circle. Brush edges of circle with egg, fold dough in half, pressing to seal edges. Crimp edges and prick the top with a fork. Brush tops with remaining egg.
- Place turnovers 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.