Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Trick or Treat cookies
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yields four dozen
- 1 cup soft shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups finely chopped cashews
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon habanero powder 
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix the dry ingredients together with the nuts, and stir into the creamed mixture.
- Form into a log about two inches in diameter and chill.
- Slice and bake until golden, 12 to 14 minutes (watch carefully! these cookies burn easily!)