Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Ham
- 1 cup chopped Onion, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 16-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices Bacon
- 4 cups very finely shredded green cabbage
Place Bacon in large skillet; cook until crisp; set aside. Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add cabbage and remaining 1/2 cup Onion; stir-fry until tender-crisp. Spoon onto large platter. Ladle rice mixture into center of cabbage; crumble Bacon over top of salad. Serve hot or at room temperature.