Herbal tea for colds and flu
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups water
- 3 (¼-inch) slices fresh ginger root, bruised
- ½ of a fresh lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp powdered cayenne pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a glass or stainless steel pan.
- Meanwhile, hit each ginger root slice gently with the broad side of a knife to break up the pulp a bit.
- Put the ginger in the boiling water and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the lemon into a cup.
- Add the honey and cayenne.
- Strain the ginger tea in to the cup, stir and sip slowly while hot.
- Note: you may add an ounce of brandy to your bedtime dose to help ease you into sleep.