Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Herbal tea for colds and flu
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups water
- 3 (¼-inch) slices fresh ginger root, bruised
- ½ of a fresh lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp powdered cayenne pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a glass or stainless steel pan.
- Meanwhile, hit each ginger root slice gently with the broad side of a knife to break up the pulp a bit.
- Put the ginger in the boiling water and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the lemon into a cup.
- Add the honey and cayenne.
- Strain the ginger tea in to the cup, stir and sip slowly while hot.
- Note: you may add an ounce of brandy to your bedtime dose to help ease you into sleep.