Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serve this with cucumber salad, and a crusty French bread. This is quick, warming for the winter, and delicious. It's an old family recipe that Jewish-Hungarians have been making for a gazillion years. Use kosher hot dogs, of course.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 frankfurters
- Peel potatoes, and slice them into ¼- inch slices.
- Sauté chopped onion in a little oil.
- Add garlic.
- When onions are soft, add paprika. Throw in the potatoes. Add salt and caraway seeds. Add enough water to barely cover.
- Stir well, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Lay the frankfurters on top of the potatoes.
- Cover, and simmer again for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are done.
- Serve immediately.