Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Yields 7 servings, each one equal to 1 cup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (15½ ounces) dark red kidney beans
- 2 cans whole tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons instant chopped onions
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown ground turkey in medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain and rinse turkey in colander.
- Add beans, tomatoes and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour with the spices.
- Add the mixture to the pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 190 | Calories from Fat 50 | Total Fat 6 g | Cholesterol 50 mg | Sodium 150 mg | Carbohydrate 18 g | Dietary Fiber 7 g | Protein 17 g
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 1 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Units 1