Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Warm yourself with this fragrantly spiced, nonalcoholic beverage after a frosty night of caroling. — Stephen Ceideburg
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp whole cloves
- 3 tbsp whole allspice
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- ¼ cup sliced candied or crystallized ginger
- 6 cups apple cider
- 2 cups orange juice
- ½ cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 stick butter, cut into thin slices
- 16 cinnamon sticks, for serving
- Mix the water and sugar in a large non aluminum saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cloves, allspice, cinnamon and ginger.
- Let the mixture stand for 1 hour or longer.
- Strain into a bowl and return to the saucepan.
- Stir in the apple cider, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Serve in mugs with a slice of butter on top and a cinnamon stick.
Note: the punch may be prepared several hours ahead and reheated before serving, if desired