Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a great soup to serve if you're entertaining guests for dinner.
- Serves 4
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, halved
- 2 red chile, halved and seeded
- 2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons vodka
- 4 small celery stalks with leaves
- celery salt, salt, pepper
- 4 thin lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large roasting pan, arrange tomatoes and chile cut side up.
- Sprinkle sugar and some salt and pepper.
- Drizzle oil on top.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until brown on top.
- Transfer roasted tomatoes in a blender.
- Add a little stock.
- Puree until smooth.
- Put puree back in the pan.
- Add remaining stock and tomato puree.
- Stir over medium low heat, taking care not to let the mixture boil.
- Add horseradish, sherry and vodka.
- Add more seasoning if desired.
- To serve, place a celery stalk in a bowl and ladle over soup.
- Sprinkle some ground black pepper.
- Finish with a slice of lemon on top.