Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- This recipe yields about 1 cup of vinaigrette.
- 2 ounces bacon grease
- ¼ pounds red onion -- dice fine
- 2 cups water
- ½ cups honey
- ½ cups red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- Place the bacon grease in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until the onions start to blacken.
- While the onions are caramelizing, in a mixing bowl place the water, honey and red wine vinegar.
- Using a wire whisk, mix the ingredients well.
- Add the cornstarch and whisk well.
- After the onions have caramelized add the Dijon mustard to the onions and stir together with a rubber spatula.
- Add the water, vinegar, pepper (sic) honey and cornstarch to the mustard and onions and mix.
- Continue stirring until mix thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and store in refrigerator until needed.
- Note: to reheat use a double boiler.