Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This update of a holiday entertaining classic delivers all of the rich flavor with far less of the usual fat. Serve with pita crisps or toasted slices of French bread.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 07.14.07
- Active time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- Makes about 1⅓ cups
- 1 x 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place artichoke hearts in the center of a clean kitchen towel; gather up the ends and twist firmly to extract all the moisture.
- Combine the artichokes, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest and cayenne pepper in a food processor.
- Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer in a small ovenproof gratin dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and bake until the top is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
- Per tablespoon: 31 calories | 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono) | 3 mg cholesterol | 3 g carbohydrate | 2 g protein | 1 g fiber | 109 mg sodium | 71 mg potassium.
- 0 Carbohydrate Servings