Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
spicy, traditional Chile salsa
- 3 chilies or diced chilies, stems removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ – ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 8 saltine crackers, crushed
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella cheese or muenster cheese
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sauté the chiles, onion and garlic in a tablespoon of the oil until soft.
- Place in a blender or food processor along with the peanuts, crackers, cheese, milk and cilantro and puree until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and, with the machine running, add the oil a little at a time until the sauce is the desired consistency.
- Heat before serving, and store any extra in the refrigerator.
- Note: Using saltine crackers to thicken a sauce is unusual but not uncommon in Peru.