Purchased from the Parnell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. Dated 1966. This is incredible. One of my favorite appetizers. I make brownie points with the boss when I bring this to work.
- 1-1/2 pounds canned salmon
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated white Onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons snipped parsley
- Drain and flake salmon, removing skins and bones.
- Combine salmon with cream cheese, lemon juice, Onion, horseradish, salt and liquid smoke and mix thoroughly.
- Chill for several hours.
- Combine pecans and parsley.
- Shape salmon into log, roll in nut mixture and chill well.
- Serve with crackers.