Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken in white wine
- 1 chicken of about 1.5 kilos
- 4 shallots
- a clove of garlic
- parsley, to taste
- 75 g butter
- 100 g cream
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ litre riesling, and a small cup of meat stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 spirit measure of cognac
- 150 g mushrooms
- salt, pepper and a little nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Quarter the chicken, and lightly brown them in half the butter in a stewing pan for about 5 minutes, then season.
- Put in the shallots, parsley and garlic, finely chopped.
- Continue to cook on a low heat.
- Flambé the meat with the cognac, and then pour in the riesling and the stock.
- Simmer on a low heat for thirty minutes.
- Chop the mushrooms and fry them lightly in the remaining butter.
- Then add them to the pot.
- A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, blend the flour, cream and egg yolk.
- Pour this sauce over the meat without cooking further, and season to taste.